Departamento de Informática da Universidade da Beira Interior
SOCIA Lab. – Soft Computing and Image Analysis Group
Department of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior, 6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal
Below are listed some of the published papers that used images of the UBIRIS databases in their experiments. If you are aware of another one(s) and wish to include it (them) on this list, please send us an email with an electronic copy of the paper and the information about its publication.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; UBIRIS: a noisy iris image database, in Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science – ICIAP 2005: 13th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing, Cagliari, Italy, September 6-8, 2005, vol.1, pag. 970-977, ISBN: 3-540-28869-4.
· Xianchao Qiu, Zhenan Sun and Tieniu Tan1; Global Texture Analysis of Iris Images for Ethnic Classification, in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Advances in Biometrics, 2005, volume 1, pag. 408-412, ISBN: 978-3-540-31111-9.
· Wojciech Sankowski, Kamil Grabowski, Mariusz Zubert and Małgorzata Napieralska; Iris Finder - Progam for Reliable Iris Localization in Images taken under visible light, Tech Report, 2005.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Iris Segmentation Methodology for Non-Cooperative Recognition, IEE Proceedings Vision, Image & Signal Processing, April, 2006, volume 153, issue 2, pag. 199-205, Digital Object Identifier 10.1049/ip-vis:20050213.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; A Method for the Identification of Inaccuracies in the Pupil Segmentation, in IEEE Proceedings of the First International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security - AReS 2006, Vienna, Austria, April 20-22, 2006, vol. 1, pag. 227-230, ISBN: 0-7695-2567-9.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; A Method for the Identification of Noisy Regions in Normalized Iris Images, in IEEE Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition - ICPR 2006, Hong Kong, August 20-24, 2006, vol. 4, pag. 405-408, ISBN: 0-7695-2521-0.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Iris Recognition: An Analysis of the Aliasing Problem in the Iris Normalization Stage, in IEEE Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security - CIS 2006, Guangzhou, China, November 3-6, 2006, vol. 2, pag. 1771-1774, ISBN: 1-4244-0604-8.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Iris Recognition: Measuring Feature’s Quality for the Feature Selection in Unconstrained Image Capture Environments, in IEEE Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Homeland Security and Personal Safety - CIHSPS 2006, Alexandria, U.S.A., October 16-17, 2006, vol. 1, pag. 35-40, ISBN: 1-4244-0745-1.
· Luis E Garza Castañon Saul Montes de Oca and Rubén Morales-Menéndez; Feature Characterization in Iris Recognition with Stochastic AutoRegressive Models, in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Advances in Artificial Intelligence – IBERAMIA-SBIA 2006, São Paulo, Brazil, 2006, pag. 168-177, ISSN: 0302-9743.
· Damien Dessimoz, Jonas Richiardi, Christophe Champod and Andrzej Drygajlo; Multimodal Biometrics for Identity Documents, Tech Report, 2006.
· Arun Ross and Samir Shah; Segmenting Non-Ideal Irises Using Geodesic Active Contours, Proceedings of Biometric Symposium (BSYM), Baltimore, 2006.
· Luís Castanon, Saul Oca and Rúben Menerndez; An application of random and hammersley sampling methods to iris recognition, LNCS vol. 4031, pp. 520-529, 2006.
· Hugo Proença; Towards Non-Cooperative Biometric Iris Recognition, Universidade da Beira Interior, Phd Thesis, January, 2007, ISBN: 978-972-99648-2-4.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Toward Non-Cooperative Iris Recognition: A Classification Approach Using Multiple Signatures, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Special Issue on Biometrics, July, 2007, volume 9, number 4, pag. 607-612, ISBN: 0162-8828. (Special Issue’s Featured Article)
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Iris Recognition: An Entropy-Based Coding Strategy Robust to Noisy Imaging Environments, in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science – ISVC 2007: 3rd International Symposium on Visual Computing, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, U.S.A., November 26-28, 2007, volume 1, pag. 621-632, ISBN: 978-3-540-76857-9.
· Hugo Proença, Luís A. Alexandre; Iris Recognition: A Method to Increase the Robustness to Noisy Imaging Environments Through the Selection of the Higher Discriminating Features, in IEEE Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications - ICCIMA'07, Sivakasi, India, December 13-15, 2007, vol. 3, pag. 301-307, ISBN: 0-7695-3050-8.
· Iritech Inc; Results of the Iritech Iris Identification Technologies© on the UBIRIS database, Tech report, 2007.
· Emine Krichen, Mohamed Chenafa1, Sonia Garcia-Salicetti and Bernadette Dorizzi; Color-Based Iris Verification, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Advances in Biometrics, volume 4642, 2007, volume 1, pag. 408-412, ISBN: 978-3-540-74548-8.
· Jorge M. Santos, Joaquim Marques de Sa and Luis A. Alexandre; LEGClust—A Clustering Algorithm Based on Layered Entropic Subgraphs, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, July, 2007, volume 30, number 1, pag. 62-75.
· Hans Christian Sagbakken; Iris Recognition Under Various Degradation Models, Tech Report, 2007.
· Vince Thomas, Nitesh V. Chawla, Kevin W. Bowyer and Patrick J. Flynn;
Learning to predict gender from iris images, in Proceedings of the IEEE First International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems – BTAS 2007, Pages 1-5, Washington DC, U.S.A., 2007, ISBN: 978-1-4244-1597-7.
· Donald M. Monro, Soumyadip Rakshit and Dexin Zhang; DCT-Based Iris Recognition, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 586-595, April 2007.
· Szewczyk, R.; New Features Extraction Method for People Recognition on the Basis of the Iris Pattern, 14th International Conference on Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, page(s):645 – 650, 2007.
· (Patent WO/2007/080817); Procédé permettant de localizer des pixels représentat un iris dans une image d’un oeil acquise.
· (US Patent) Michael Jones and Guodong Guo; Method for extracting features of irises in images using difference of sum filters, 2007.
· Fenghua Wang and Jiuqiang and Xianghua Yao; Iris Recognition Based on Multialgorithmic Fusion, WSEAS Transactions on Information Science & Applications, Pag 1415-1422, 2007, ISSN: 1790-0832.
· Hugo Proença and Luís A. Alexandre; The NICE.I: Noisy Iris Challenge Evaluation - Part I, First IEEE International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications, and Systems, 2007. BTAS 2007. 27-29 Sept. 2007, Page(s): 1 – 4.
· Wojciech Sankowski, Kamil Grabowski, Mariusz Zubert and Małgorzata Napieralska; Eyelids Localization Method Designed for Iris Recognition System 14th International Conference on Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2007. MIXDES '07. 21-23 June 2007 Page(s): 622 - 627.
· Puhan, N. B., Sudha, N. and Xudong Jiang; Robust eyeball segmentation in noisy iris images using fourier spectral density, 6th International Conference on Information, Communications & Signal Processing, 2007, 10-13 Dec. 2007 Page(s):1 – 5.
· Szewczyk, R.; New Features Extraction Method for People Recognition on the Basis of the Iris Pattern, 14th International Conference on Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2007. MIXDES '07. 21-23 June 2007 Page(s): 645 – 650.
· IriTech camera certified by Chinese Government, Biometric Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 6, June 2007, Page 6.
· S. Mahdi Hosseini, Babak Araabi and Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh; Shape Analysis of Stroma for Iris Recognition, LNCS 4642, ICB 2007, 790-799, 2007.
· Kevin W. Bowyer , Karen Hollingsworth and Patrick J. Flynn; Image Understanding for Iris Biometrics: A Survey, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, No. 2, May 2008, pp. 281-307.
· Jain Jang, Kang Ryoung Park, Jaihie Kim and Yillbyung Lee; New focus assessment method for iris recognition systems, Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 29, Issue 13, Pages 1759-1767, 2008, ISSN: 0167-8655.
· Jinshuih Taur and Chin-Wang Tao; Iris recognition based on relative variation analysis with feature selection, Opt. Eng., Volume 47, Issue 9, 2008.
· H. Erdinc Kocer and Novruz Allahverdi; An efficient iris recognition system based on modular neural networks, Proceedings of the 9th WSEAS International Conference on Neural Networks, Pages 42-47, 2008, ISBN 978-960-6766-56-5.
· Fenghua Wang, Xianghua Yao and Jiuqiang Han; Improving iris recognition performance via multi-instance fusion at the score level, Chinese Optics Letters , Vol.06 , Issue 11 , Pag. 824-826, 2008.
· S.S. Chowhan and G.N. Shinde; Iris Biometrics Recognition Application in Security Management, ICCES, vol.6, no.1, pp.1-12, 2008.
· Somnath Dey and Debasis Samanta; Improved Feature Processing for Iris Biometric Authentication System, International Journal of Computer Systems Science and Engineering, Volume 4, Number 2, 2008.
· Sheikh Ziauddin and Matthew N. Dailey; Iris Recognition Performance Enhancement Using Weighted Majority Voting, ICIP 2008.
· Peihua Li, Xiaomin Liu; An Incremental Method for Accurate Iris Segmentation, 2008.
· Vatsa M,Singh R and Noore A; Improving iris recognition performance using segmentation, quality enhancement, match score fusion, and indexing, IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics. Part B, Cybernetics, Vol. 38, Issue 4, Pags. 1021-1035, August, 2008.
· Artur Ferreira, André Lourenço, Bárbara Pinto e Jorge Tendeiro, "Modifications and Improvements on Iris Recognition", Second International Joint Conference on Biomedical Systems and Technologies BIOSTEC-BIOSIGNALS2009, pp 72-79, Porto, Portugal, Janeiro de 2009.
· Hugo Proença, "Quality Assessment of Degraded Iris Images Acquired in the Visible Wavelength", IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (to appear). [Examples of image quality assessments].
DI-UBI Bloco VI Rua Marquês de Ávila e Bolama P- 6201-001 Covilhã PORTUGAL